Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: Be still my heart!


Good Morning! I'm so excited to link up to today's Show and Tell Tuesday with Andrea. The topic for this installment is all about what it takes to steal my heart.

When Stephan and I met almost 9 years ago, it was at a Starbucks. We had been emailing on MySpace (remember that one?) for a few weeks and decided to go see a movie together.  He chose "License to Wed." Side note: for anyone who has dated toxic men, a rom-com about marriage would NEVER be their first choice. This speaks to Stephan's attention to what I like, as well as a little whisper from God, "this one is different."


Ladies, you know that feeling of butterflies and nervousness  before a date? I had them, but not as much as anyone else, and I feel that's due in part to how comfortable I felt when emailing and speaking on the phone with Stephan. When we met in person, it was very clear how very introverted he was (he's better now!) and making conversation was my job (still is). So the first time Stephan had my heart was because of how comfortable he made me feel.


One of our first dates was hiking in Eaton Canyon. He was game to getting up very early, driving very far, and doing something outdoors. This is us as we pulled up to the trail in 2007. 

I knew Stephan was athletic, but, as time would go on, I learned that anything he tried, he was good at! And I'm sooooo not outdoorsy or athletic. I do love a good (easy) hike, so this was a great trip.

Fast forward to when we were married, and trying to navigate that new adventure. We read The Five Love Languages. My language is acts of service, which totally explains why when Stephan does something for me without me asking, it's like a ticker tape parade! When we were first married, this included getting me Starbucks on Saturday mornings. (What happened to that? I should ask...)
 I love not having to ask and getting surprised. It doesn't mean anything extravagant. Nowadays, if I come home to a vacuumed house and the trash is taken out, I am just as happy.

But to be perfectly honest, I think about my hubby going along with every idea, plan, thought I have without much debate. He trusts me and my intuition, and will more often than not, go with whatever I want. This is a man who loves me and crazy.

Happy Tuesday to you all! I hope you have a great week!






1 comment: