Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday





1. What were are eating this week...

My cilantro + Greek yogurt dressing can be eaten with a spoon! We put it on shrimp tacos, but this week we tried chicken breast in pitas. YUM!
Super easy to make!!
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, rinsed and dried, stems cut off
  • 1 container nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
  • splash of lemon juice
  • salt
  • Put in Ninja chopper till smooth and creamy!!

I've also been enjoying my snack box from Graze.


I'm a picky eater, and they get that. I get to customize all the snacks they send, I can pause delivery, and change upcoming boxes before they even ship (because I'm just that picky). 


And they're offering my readers a sweet deal! Go to www.graze.com. Enter my special code: LISAL4ZVB to get your 1st and 5th boxes free!



2. What I'm reminiscing about...

Meeting Josh Kelley for the first time in 2006...saw him first in 2005 and I was hooked on his music.
We've seen him in concert a couple other times in small venues like Hotel Cafe and Canyon Club. My hubby found out he was opening for his brother, country singer Charles Kelley, on his tour. So he got me tickets for my birthday! Larger venues can mean less intimacy with the performers...which is sad, but at least we got to hear some great music!




 
I don't look so young anymore...


Didn't take any photos of Josh Kelley...I get annoyed when people are on their phones at concerts (yes, I'm a big ol' fuddy duddy!). But here's the headliner, Charles Kelley (was the lead in Lady Antebellum). In terms of country music, I'm not a huge fan. I like the country music of Reba and Loretta... but Charles Kelley is kind of country-rock-pop. Was a great show!


3. What I'm loving...


The S'more frapp is back! I'm in biiiiiiiggg trouble!

4. What we've been up to...



Sunday was spent at church, running errands, and the start of Spring Cleaning! I set out to work on closets and our DVDs and got a big bag ready for donation. Monday was dusting...OMG how mini-blinds can get so disgusting! I've decided they have to GO! Just need to decide what to put in their place...

5. What I'm dreading...

More Spring cleaning. #amIright

6. What I'm working on...

Inspired by Shay's post of doing something good #EverydayinMay, I want to focus my energy on something great (or many things) in May. I feel like this last week in April is helping me gear up for the month ahead. I've got several ideas in my head...

7. What I'm excited about...

Connecting with other moms of toddlers for a small group using Beautiful Mess


If you've read it, I'd love to know your thoughts. I'm one chapter in, and I have to chuckle a little bit about using 
2 Chronicles to compare to new motherhood. I never considered being a mother to fighting the soldiers with Jehosophat. 
I'm really excited because we haven't been able to attend our regular small group this spring due to lack of childcare. Getting back in the Word with something relevant to my life is very exciting, not to mention a sweetly answered prayer. God is so good.

8. What I'm reading...

Not knowing anything about Kristen Welch, I basically started reading this after Erika recommended it. The past week has been so eye-opening and my heart is yearning for more ways God can use me. Yesterday's post about this book and other thoughts here.


9. What I'm listening to...




This song just pierces my soul is every wonderful way possible! The lyrics are so good.



10. What I'm wearing...




This basically sums it up!



11. What I'm doing this weekend...



Hollywood Bowl tickets release! I really want to go to the Harry Potter live show!!! #cantbethatexpensiveright?

I really want to plant star jasmine this weekend!!


12. What I'm looking forward to next month...

What ways will God use me to seek and save the lost?

13. What else is new?

Oh you know, just this handsome fella...

I swear this photo wasn't staged!

This one was.

Taking after mommy, sleeping in the strangest positions!

Fun with Snapchat filters!





Be blessed, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment