Saturday, May 16, 2020

What I Read Last Week





In Ed Cyzewski’s book Pray, Write, Grow, (free with Kindle Unlimited!) he links distinct and
powerful meaning between prayer and writing, but even more so, really tackles prayer in a way
that a school leader in particular can align. He says we need to “dig into your deepest pain and
struggles.
The faster you confront your shame, failures, and past wounds, the faster you’ll find God.” It is then
that we can look at the opposites, like our family and friends to see the encouragement. Cyzewaski
warns anyone against turning their “work into an idol and measuring stick for self-worth.” I am so
guilty of  reorganizing my priorities in the wrong order. It changed how I measured the success of the
day. If I had a breakthrough with a student, but couldn’t find the energy to read a bedtime story that
night, I was so very misaligned. I should have prayed for the endurance to show up for my family in
a way that not only showed them how much I valued them, but in turn, glorified God.

#wordcount: 14,023

No comments:

Post a Comment